yarn question

benee16

Question

A while ago I had gotten some mystery Newton's yarn when they had a sale. The yarn came on cones, very thin, some of it, and I'm not sure if I should use my yarn winder and wind a few balls, then wind some strands together to make it more of a sport weight, or whether to leave them in single strand balls and hold strands together when crocheting. I am trying to avoid a tangled mess, and hoping that someone else here has experience with this.

Thanks

Denise

3 answers to this question

it is best to wind into multiple balls and hold together while crochet, because while you crochet them together they will wrap around each other in a unique way, if you ball them together you need to wind them WHILE you ball them for it basically becomes a single strand otherwise you will have a shift and get some loose strands and some tight strands as you crochet it. good luck

If I use a yarn winder (I have the royal yarn winder), will they end up getting tangled because they are so thin as I unwind them? I am kind of dreading it. I can see how this can go terribly wrong!!!

Denise

i wind multiple strands all the time.. the only thing you need to watch is the tension of them when you wind them.. hold them all in you rfingers and let them glide thru and you shouldnt have a problem at all ..

i have never had any one complain about my multiple starnd winding

Archived