Help with Chenille Newbie Crocheter

Carn

Question

Hi All: I am new to this site and am looking for some assistance with Chenille. I crocheted a beautiful sable brown scarf with fringe and the fringe keeps shedding....is there a magic resolution?

4 answers to this question

My experience is just that, sadly, chenille does shed... which is why I try not to use it. :angry I don't think there is anything you can do to make it not shed; it is due to the fibers on the yarn (how they sorta "stick up" like a pipe cleaner).

I am not an expert on this, so I'll be interested to see if anybody DOES have a magic solution to fix this! :lol

I have made many things with chenille and didn't know it shed until I used Canon's Jewel Box...now that puppy sheds...Lion Brand doesn't seem to shed that I'm aware of...I'm made hats, mittens, stuffed animals with it and haven't had a problem. I also have another type of chenille, but do not know what it's original name brand was and I made a throw out of it and never has it shed...so I don't know...but the Canon's Jewel Box...I made a bolero jacket out of it and the first time I wore it with a white shirt...wow...quite noticable...I don't know if handwashing (do not ever machine wash this stuff) would make it better or not...

Archived