Another round ripple

dbriese

Question

Hello Girls! Ok so let me get this straight. Working on the round ripple, looking to make it large enough to go on my bed. Pattern for round ripple baby afghan says rows 7,8 9 small shell, large shell large shell repeat. every row., Why?

Why not continue shell 2 every tip of afghan around? Help! Dee

5 answers to this question

Dee, I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. The pattern tells you to make large shells on all the points on two rows, then small shells on all the points on one row. You repeat these three rows. That makes two rows of increase, and one row without increases. Does this help?

:cheer Mudpie is right but I guess you may have a different pattern to the one we are familiar with.:cheer

:think If you DO the increase round (large shell) too often you get a wavy floppy edged afghan.

:think If you DO NOT do the increase round (large shell) it will turn into a hat.

You can change it as you go, if you notice that it is getting too floppy on the edge or if it is starting to pull in like a very large hat.

:hook Really though, round afghans do not look so good if they are too big becaue the ripples get too wide and out of proportion.:hook

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I understand better why the large shell and small shell, Now I am concerned, Round ripples do not look good large? I have seen some large thats why I was going to attempt it. What do you mean, LOL now I am afraid I am wasting my time. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. Denise

I think what Aggie May is referring to is the fact that after you a crochet a circle to a certain point, it doesn't want to stay a perfectly flat circle anymore. You might have to start playing around with how many increases you have to keep it looking nice.

:think I dont mean to put you off, just making you aware of the fact that you may be disappointed with the look of the finished item.

If you have already seen one done, you must like how it looks so get to it and enjoy.:clap

:cheer I love the round ripple and the regular ripple.:cheer

Remember to post a picture of it when you are done, we would love to see it.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Archived