Need help with Embroidery Print Poncho in Poncho Panache!

Madame Margaret

Question

Has anyone completed this poncho? I really like the look of it and the Caron Simply Soft is perfect. But some of the directions don't make sense. For example, rows 9 & 10 say repeat rows 7 & 8, but from the photo (and general logic) it really looks like a repeat of rows 5 & 6.

Also, the pattern specifically states to leave 5 inches of yarn at each end, but then never tells you what to do with those ends:think .

Can any one help?

3 answers to this question

Sorry, I haven't worked with this pattern. Maybe you could contact whoever you got the pattern from.

The 5" lengths are for fringe. You can tie them close to the poncho in little bunches. This site has good fringe instructions, only you don't have to add the yarn, it's already there. http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/yarn/lp1461.htm

Also, it isn't unusual for patterns to have mistakes. I would probably go with repeating rows 5 & 6. You have to learn to be savvy when working with crochet patterns. :think

Has anyone completed this poncho? I really like the look of it and the Caron Simply Soft is perfect. But some of the directions don't make sense. For example, rows 9 & 10 say repeat rows 7 & 8, but from the photo (and general logic) it really looks like a repeat of rows 5 & 6.

Also, the pattern specifically states to leave 5 inches of yarn at each end, but then never tells you what to do with those ends:think .

Can any one help?

See if you can find the designer. Do a name search and maybe she has a website with her contact info. I have a poncho in that book, too, (Tahitian Dreams) and I was very disappointed because they practically re-wrote it, and there's a mistake in it! I contacted the publisher to let her know, and she said that it had been a rush job to get it to the printer, and that's what happens when you rush.... A customer of mine came to me one day with that book and asked me for help with the pale green one. I guess several of them are messed up. That's aggravating. I was upset, because that's MY name on it, and so it makes me look dumb. Bad for my business! Good Luck. I say, just use your best judgement. That's why I stick with Leisure Arts now. I never have trouble with their patterns. :hook

Archived