laceworks by yoko suzuki

dixieredhead

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have this book. Actually I just got it from Amazon for a ridiculously low price (under $2.00). It is a wonderful book. It is entirely crochet, no tatting --at least from what I saw from my browsing through it this afternoon. It shows the first three doilies in two views, one made in all white thread and the other view with colored thread. There are some beautiful projects in there! It is copyright from 1985 but there are some doilies in there that have a definite contemporary look to them (very angular lines). Most of them, however, are similar to the ones you would find in Crochet Magic type magazines. The layout of the book is also like the magazine as they show the color pictures in a grouping with each project numbered, and then have a series of instructions. In addition to doilies, there are some sachets, appliques, and two very pretty projects in Irish crochet suitable for framing. Almost everything is for size 30 or 40 thread. I did see one 20-size thread. All in all, I think I definitely got my money's worth!! Go to www.amazon.com and go to books, then do a search on Yoko Suzuki. Then look for Laceworks. There is no image available for the book at this time. If you go to the right of the page you will see where people are selling their used copies. I just checked, and they had one for $1.60, and I ordered mine about a month ago for less than $2.00 then. Hope this helps!

:hook :hook

Archived