Use & Care of Crocheted Items

donnalynn2

Question

Hi all. Seeing as so many people give crocheted items as gifts I thought it would be neat to make a list of the use and care of crocheted items. I plan on taking everything and putting it up on my webpage so it's neat and all in one place, but I need help.

Not only how to care for specific items such as sweaters and such but the different yarns.

Thanks for your help!!!!

(P.S. Yes the yarn bands have Usa & Care instructions but I never keep the darn things and it's always a hassle to write instructions out. I think having a list will make it much easier for me and everyone who wishes to give their crocheted items a nice home)

4 answers to this question

Are you categorizing by:

type of project

yarn or thread

fiber content

OR ?????

Every which way you can...

I'm going to have several lists. I'll prob have one by type of garment, one by type of yarn, etc... So any particular Use & Care info you have for any item, go ahead and list it for me! THANKS!!!

The use and care is on the band. If you go to the manufacterers website they should have it there, then you can just copy & paste it

Thanks, I do know that but you cannot find all yarn info on the WWW. Also, I need to take into account 2 different kinds of yarn that are in the same item, etc. Use and care is more than the type of yarn.

I am just trying to simplify life when I go to give a gift. I don't want to sit and have to search all over the web to get the info on the 3 brands/kinds of yarn I used and put it all together. I figured if I had everything in a nice, neat list that it would be helpful to other people as well as myself. Lord knows that when I finish a project if I don't get it in a box right away it'll never get shipped!

Archived