Help with adjusting stitch amounts for this Bolero

donnalynn2

Question

Ok, I am really wanting to make this bolero for myself! I am thinking I could use my Yarn Bee frosting that I got 1/2 off for this but I am needing a 48 bust size. I'm wondering if I simply added 2 stitches to the largest measurement if that would work??? I have a feeling that this yarn is not very easy to frog so I'm hoping to get the number of stitches right before trying... Anyone make this or have a little more expertize with this kind of thing? THANKS!

1 answer to this question

The easiest way to do it is to use a larger hook, but you need to do some math. You want it to fit a size 46-48, which is the next size up. So the finished bust needs to be approximately 4.5 inches bigger than the largest finished size. According to the gauge on the pattern, the largest size has 85.7 stiches around the bust. So for the size you want, you will have approximately 93.5 stitches around, which is approximately 13.3 stitches per 7". So adjust your needle size to reflect this change in gauge.

Does that make sense? Its the easiest way I have found to adjust for a larger bust and it works every time.

Archived