Help me make a hat for Amigurumi

NeedSleep

Question

So I made the doll not knowing the red hat was KNIT and the pattern doesn't include it (it has a chart for the black hat, which I don't like)

So...I really really want to make a hat similar to the red knit hat in the picture. My poor little bald doll has a cold head.

Being fairly new to crochet I don't know what to do without a pattern!!

HELP????!!!!

128735360.jpg

4 answers to this question

You can crochet a small stocking hat like you would for a baby hat. Just chain for the lenght of the hat then do a sc in the back of each chain, this will make a rib when you are finsihed. Repeat this row of sc in the back of each chain with a ch1 at the end of each row until you get the width you need. Next fold in half right sides together. Sew along the side of the hat and gather up to top and finish off. Turn right side out and add a pom pom to the top... I think that will give you a look close to the one pictured. Good Luck

:think:hook

Thanks. My problem is I'm crocheting a hat in the round and I want to use this method -- so the stitches are on top of each other. How do I do that? I only see "v's" on my pattern. I have been going in between each "v."

Archived