2-3-06 Today's Free Annie's Attic Pattern

theworm

Question

I just looked at today's pattern and I really like it. A niece is expecting a baby, and I want to try a new pattern and love this one, but I don't really understand the weaving part. I know that I can't copy the pattern here, but if anyone can check and explain it, I'd appreciate it. Am I to weave 3 strands basket style over the length of the blanket? And is the weave a 4th color - it seems to have a pattern for the stripes and a pattern for the weave and I'm just confused. :think

5 answers to this question

I just looked at today's pattern and I really like it. A niece is expecting a baby, and I want to try a new pattern and love this one, but I don't really understand the weaving part. I know that I can't copy the pattern here, but if anyone can check and explain it, I'd appreciate it. Am I to weave 3 strands basket style over the length of the blanket? And is the weave a 4th color - it seems to have a pattern for the stripes and a pattern for the weave and I'm just confused. :think

I've read it over a couple of times and I think I've got it. Yes, I believe that you are supposed to weave 3 strands over the length of the blanket. The weave pattern gives you the colours to follow (which, you are right, is separate from the blanket pattern. You crochet the blanket first then do the weave into the finished blanket). If I am understanding the pattern correctly, once the blanket is done you should have 50 ch2 sps into which you are going to weave in three strands of the colours as indicated. For example, your first three strands would be colour D and you weave 2 rows with that. Then you weave in 4 rows of colour A. And so on. You weave the pattern in [ ] twice.

Does that help you?

I'm hoping to try this, too. I think I understand what you are saying. I have a co-worker having a boy, no pink frilly dresses this time, and I just got my TOTC H hook, and was looking for an "H" project!!!! :D

Thank you, Sadie!

That's sort of what I read too, but the finished blanket looked like stripes - not "boxes" or plaid, so I was confused. And I couldn't enlarge the photo enough to see the stitches, so it was a bit confusing, but it looks SO pretty, and I love the colors they show it in!

Of course, my fiance'sniece is hoping for a girl in which case I'll need to go with pinks! Nothing like girly girl baby girls! :)

My niece is about ready to start thinking about starting a family, and I think that she's hoping for a boy, so maybe I'll get to try it in blues and greens soon too! :)

I know what you mean. Unless you can get a really good look at the finished item it's hard to get a handle on certain instructions. I'm always like that when I'm working a pattern. I'll read ahead a little bit and get totally lost. But once I start doing it and I can see what the pattern is talking about then I have a 'lightbulb moment'.

Yep! For the longest time I wouldn't try a pattern that I didn't have a picture for. I needed to visualize it. When I got to the advanced beginner level (think I'm stuck there :laugh: ) I started to try patterns without photos.

Archived