Mens hat pattern, help

beachlady

Question

I have the pattern "Thick warm crocheted winter hat" that of course I got from this site, but now one has to pay for it, on Crochet Garden used to be

http://www.lilyrain.com . This is the only real looking mens hat I have ever found. Any ways, I have had to pull it out several times all the way back to row 4, 5 is ok, have the right amount of stitches, but row 6, things are not coming out right. I have way to many stitches, or I should say when I count and I get to the amount I should have I have many more to do, approx. 12 if I counted, right. My question is, does any one know if there is a correction to this pattern. And if they know where I can get more help with it. This is the only MENS. And if anyone else has another pattern idea, please let me know.

This is a basic pull on hat with large roll up brim, and in picture it has cable stitches, that is what she calls them, alot of fpdc and bpdc around same stitches to make cable. One would think on next row, the cable would be in same area, but not mine. I doubt I made my self clear, but I always come here first with my questions. :think

6 answers to this question

I agree, pm Etaria, I am sure she will help you out. I believe it is still a free pattern. Now it is in a pdf format.

I have made a couple of those hats with no problem, I would love to help but am not exactly clear on what the problem is.

If you can't reach her, feel free to pm me with the specific problem.:)

It's a great hat.

Thanks all of you, after I posted my question, I continued to search and found her, and did email her, she already answered. Now I will try again, urrrr so frustrating when a pattern does not work for me, I know it must be me, so will try again, thanks for all the help.

I didn't know that was a men's hat. I made one for myself in brown Wool Ease. It's my favorite winter hat and I liked making it. If I wore hats more often, I'd make a bunch of them in different colors. I hope you can work it out because I think you'll really like it.

Archived