Beginner Crocheter and need help!!

cynsew

Question

I have done some very simple crocheting and have come across a round of crochet I don't really understand. Can someone help me with maybe a few more details. Here is what it says exactly!

dc in next ch-2 sp, ch 5, dc in next ch-2 sp,ch 5, dc in next sc and in next ch-2 sp

I understand double crochet. I do not understand the ch-2 sp. I know sp stands for space. Just can't figure the line out. Thanks for any help!! Cindy:P

8 answers to this question

Hi,

Can you either post a link to the pattern if it is online, or, if it is not, give about 2 lines of the directions (rows) just prior to the one you quoted? See, I'm thinking that you had to follow some prior direction that said to do a chain 2 in between a stitch and the next one, so that when you have gotten to the row that you quoted you would be able to put a dc in the ch2 space you already created in the prior row.

I know, it is hard to figure out, but maybe with some additional info, we can get you 'unstuck'!

Hope this helps,

Danielle in Denver

Not quite. You won't actually be crocheting in the chains themselves, you'll be crocheting around them. By ch-2 space, they mean the gap created by the 2 chains. So, you'll dc once in that gap, then you'll chain 5, dc in the next gap (ch-2 sp), chain 5 again, and go from there.

Archived