need help sewing squares together

sophy2

Question

I am making a baby afghan in squares. The corners of each square consist of 4 chain loops. This makes a nice lacy pattern when they are all sewn togther. The instructions just say to sew the squares togther. What is the best way to sew together chains ? I am relatively new to crochet, and I can sew squares togther using front loops or back loops, but I don't know what to do with no loops! Thanks for your help!

2 answers to this question

I usually put my squares together through the back loop. With 4 chs in each corner I would start in the second ch of one corner and work my way to the second ch of the next corner.

Put your squares together in strips-however many wide the afghan is supposed to be, then put the strips together.

I usually put my squares together through the back loop. With 4 chs in each corner I would start in the second ch of one corner and work my way to the second ch of the next corner.

Put your squares together in strips-however many wide the afghan is supposed to be, then put the strips together.

That is exactly as I would do it too. If you want to do a different type of joining, you might like to have a look at this one on my web site

http://www.crochetcabana.com/patterns/pat-lacygranny.htm

It took a bit longer than my usual whipstitching, but it came out so pretty and lacy looking.

Good luck!

Archived