I need help.... I feel plum stupid

Crochet Queen

Question

I have never madec lothing before. I am sitting here making a shrug. and I am on row 21. It says ch 1, sc in next (10,10,10) (11,11,12) STS, TURN. I ammakign the biggest size... But I am just not getting it... so if anyone wants to help me I would love it !!!!

7 answers to this question

First, I need to know how many sizes the pattern is made for. Second, is it one that says it can be made in more than one type of yarn? Those two sets of parentheses tell me there's something I should know before I can help you. Maybe you can type out the paragragh that talks about sizes or anything else you think might help.

At the beginning of the pattern, where the sizes are given, find your size.

Highlight it on each row of the pattern (wherever there is a size reference made in brackets), that way you will only focus on the ONE size as you are working.

Mudpie is right, there must be a reason for the two sets of parentheses. Either there are more than the usual number of sizes or different yarns perhaps.

Don't feel bad, this is the way we all learn:)

Ok on the size thing it says.......

Sizes (2,4,6) (8,10,12)

Materials croc hook N Bernat softee babay, 4 oz skien

1.1.1.2.2.2, his jeans ombre ???

guage 8 rows of sc = 3 inches, 10 sts of sc = 3 inches

Notes.... Please pay close attention to the NOTE'S throughout the pattern, as notes will giv e special instreuctions for all patterns....

Then it goes into Body row 1 - 20 I have done that part I am nopw trying to start right front .. I am using caron simply soft yarn

Ok, I dont know how many stitches you have on the previous row, but for an example lets say you have 30 stitches in row 20...

you will single crochet in the next 12 stitches and turn and do row 22.

Just pretend that the unworked stitches arent even there, ignore them until it tells you otherwise

------------------------------

------------

------------

------------

------------

If the - are sc's, and the next 4 rows are the same as row 21 this is what it will look like...

didi I help or confuse you more?

If you're making the size 12, you'd always do the last number indicated in the 2nd parentheses, so in this case, 12 stitches. Yes, it's that simple. You always do the last number of stitches in the 2nd parentheses.

Archived