Book suggestion?

LeslieJo

Is there a book out there that covers more advanced crochet techniques like doing color work with bobbins (what to do with the yarn when you're not using it, etc), fitting garments (allowances), great finishing techniques, different stitches that could be used for joining, how to work with furry/funky yarns or non-yarn materials, maybe even design techniques? Sort of like a crochet university, I guess! Anyone have any ideas? There are some great books for knitting, but I can't find any for crochet. :sigh Thanks so much!

The only thing I can think of offhand is Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet, but I know without refreshing my memory that it doesn't have all of what you want. It's the most comprehensive resource I can think of, though.

Leslie,

Sylvia Cosh's sweater book might be one you would want to look at. I have the ISBN on my site. You can click on my signatrure line and it will take you there.

Also Maggie Righetti put out a good book(s) on crocheting too. More on the fitting of clothing. I think it is on my site too.

Archived