Itsy Bitsy Baby

wrenlover

Question

I just purchased the itsy bitsy babies/bassinet purse pattern book from Annies attic. I am making the Christening dress on page 3. On round 6 I get to the "skip the last shell, join with a sl st to top of first ch 3. Do Not Turn. One shell left unworked." I am not clear on this because I am assuming that the first ch 3 is the beginning of this row and by joining to ch 3, this will now make it one continuous piece although the pattern is not specific, and by skipping the last shell and attaching to the first ch 3 it leaves this weird flap that is just sticking out with no purpose. I am lost. Has anyone made this pattern before. If I cannot figure it out I will e-mail annies attic, just thought I'd ask my fellow crocheters first. Hopefully someone can spare me embarrassment when I find out its me not the pattern, lol.:lol

3 answers to this question

Is this after you do the bodice of the gown? If so I do a similar pattern for a dress. I have to make a placket above so what I do is fold the placket over and tack it down so that it does not stick out.:hook Then I do button holes and place buttons on the placket and it looks okay.

If I'm picturing this correctly, this is where the bodice joins the skirt, and also converting from essentially-a-rectangle to essentially-a-tube, and your little flappy thing is to make an overlap for buttons. If that is actually the case, you're interpreting the pattern correctly.

Thank you for both for the help. It just seems like an odd flappy thing and I wanted to be sure I was interpreting it correctly before I went any further.

I guess I'll just have to overlook this odd little thing :eek or figure out another way to make it work.

Lisa

Archived