slipper instruction clarification

Heidi Boyce

Question

This may seem silly, but I want to make sure I am doing this right. I'm making the 7" size and I don't know if I am doing the size 7" instructions when I should. Here is the link to the pattern.

http://www.knitscene.com/projects/kid_slippers.pdf

If someone would have a minute to look it over it ... I would appreciate it so much!!

Thank you!

Heidi:manyheart

4 answers to this question

The adult size pattern is in the magazine..I actually have a copy. I'm not sure I understand your question though...I can't tell you if you are following the right instructions based on what you said. You should be following the second number in the ( ), so for example in round 1, with A ch 17, (21, 25). You should chain 25.

Donna

Hi Heidi, as long as you are using the 3rd measurement, as in the last in the brackets, you are doing the size seven. The first measurement is for the smallest size, the next is for the middle size, and the last is for the largest size, which is the size seven. They are cute!, hope this helps you.

You are right! I was trying to hurry so I didn't explain enough!

My question specifically refers to the size 7 instructions. After round 3 it has instructions for "size 7 only" ...

ooohhh :blush ... I think ... well I realize what a dorky question this was. Haha:loco

My confusion was over whether to do the size 7 instructions only or do the size 7 and the "all sizes" instructions that followed after it. It was in the same paragraph, so I wondered if it was a typo ... that maybe it should have read, "all other sizes."

Still, you are all so wonderful to answer even the silliest novice questions. Thanks!

Archived