Stuck on Rnds 2 and 3 and I'm embarassed.

lakota85usa

Question

I am so totally embarassed as usually I can figure out something most of the time. I am just starting this small doily for a gift and do you think I can get past the first round? I don't know if it is me having a brain hiccup or what but I'm hoping someone might help me. I was hoping to get it finished tonight but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.:bang LOL

You start out by ch 15.

Rnd 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, 3 sc in last st: turn and, working across opposite side of ch, sc in each ch across, 3 sc in last sc. do not join, but continue working in a spiral. Mark beginning of rnd. With another color of scrap thread, mark center of 3-sc group at each end (end marker) and carry markers up. I am assuming we are using 3 markers.

Rnds 2 and 3: *Sc in each sc to 21 sc before the next end marker, 2 sc in each of next 3 sc; repeat from * 1 time more. Do not join.

In Rnd 1, should you 3 sc in last chain? Pattern says in last sc but you are on the first round working in the chains. After all of my problems, just exactly how many sc should I have after Rnd 1?

Rnds 2 and 3 totally throw me off as I just don't get the 21 sc before the next end marker. There aren't 21 sc between the markers to begin with and if you do sc to 21 before the marker, you're skipping the first marker put in the center of the first 3 sc in last chain of the first side.

I just don't understand why I'm not getting this. <SIGH>:think

Any help is appreciated and thanks for any help. I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Thanks.

Pam

3 answers to this question

Put your hair back on and try this.

:think (You can join with a slip stitch and work CH1 then work your first SC in the same place as the CH1. I prefer this to working in a spiral.):think

I would say that at the end of the first row, it should be 3SC into last ST.

Row 2 probably should read, to within ONE SC of the marker, 2SC into each of the next 3SC, ( the centre stitch will then stay in the centre)then do the same when you get to the other end. This will turn the 3SC at each end into 6SC at each end.

Do the same for the next row and you should turn the centre 3SC into 6 at each end.

It is important to have exactly the same number of SC on each side or the work, between the increases, so the centre always stays exactly in the centre or it will end up crooked.

Hope this is helpful.

Colleen:hug

Archived