Green Yarn

Elvee

Question

I hope this is the right place to put this as I need help! I am trying to repair an afghan for a friend of mine. It is probably 30 years old....granny squares all in shades of green.

I can't find any greens to fix it with!! Does any one have bright greens in their stash? I don't need alot just enought to replace stitches on the granny squares.

Think bright, dark and light grass green it looks/feels like red heart. :think

This afghan means alot to Jo since her Grandma has passed and it is the only thing of hers that was given to Jo.

Thanks for your help! I can pay postage, etc.

:hug,

Lorry

10 answers to this question

Lorry - I was digging in one of my yarn bins and found some old bright green Red Heart - not much, but perhaps it will help ya. Send me your address and I'll send it out.

You might want to post this request in the For Sale/Trade/Free board as well. People often will be willing to part with their stash if they can maybe do a bit of a swap!

Good luck... sadly, I don't have any green to offer!

I hope this is the right place to put this as I need help! I am trying to repair an afghan for a friend of mine. It is probably 30 years old....granny squares all in shades of green.

I can't find any greens to fix it with!! Does any one have bright greens in their stash? I don't need alot just enought to replace stitches on the granny squares.

This afghan means alot to Jo since her Grandma has passed and it is the only thing of hers that was given to Jo.

Lorry

Lorry

Hi Elvee: I just wanted to let you know that I have some green yarn, don't know if it's what you need, but, it is#364-light mint: #363-pale green: #366-pale green all Red heart- Super Saver 8 ounces each skein: please pm me if it's what you want

I have some mint green, and i might have some more random green lying around.

Would you want the mint green?

If you do, could you PM me your address? and i might need a little help paying for shipping.

Good Luck.

Is it a neon-bright green? RH makes that in the RH Kids yarn.

Have you looked at Coats & Clark's website to try to identify the color? Their site and their "sister yarn" Moda Dea's site both don't always work like they're supposed to, but if you get it on a good day, you can see all the colors each of the yarns come in. There are lots of shades of green in all the various Red Heart ww styles (classic, giant pounder, econo, etc.)

Is it a neon-bright green? RH makes that in the RH Kids yarn.

Have you looked at Coats & Clark's website to try to identify the color? Their site and their "sister yarn" Moda Dea's site both don't always work like they're supposed to, but if you get it on a good day, you can see all the colors each of the yarns come in. There are lots of shades of green in all the various Red Heart ww styles (classic, giant pounder, econo, etc.)

Hi Chrome Kitty

the greens I have on hand are most likely on their website, I think !! anyway, they are #363 Pale green(a light-light mint)::#364 Light mint & #366 Mint all of these greens aren't real dark, I'll go to their website to see, because i thought that I say them there

Hi Chrome Kitty

I looked at the RH kids yarn, and the only green yarn they have is a lime green, which in comparison to what I have, the lime green kids yarn has more yellow in it.

Lorry

Hi Elvee!!

The green yarn that I posted yesterday, is on Red Heart's website in Red heart Medium-Worsted Weight Economy size both the #363 & 364 are on there, but the #366 I have,(all) you can have,is a little darker, around grassy green.

Thanks to all who offered yarn. I am trying to match the green...these are no colors I would pick! I fixed the border which was dark green , the middles still have me stumped!

Thanks,

Lorry

I know what I would do...run down to my Goodwill store and go to the bargin table. There they dump tons of clothes, including sweaters made back then. Sold by the pound, you end up with yarn to spare. :P

Aslo check their yarn/needle work shelves. Folks send their old stash to such places. 'Cause lets face it. Those with unsused stash do not give it up until the colors are so out of date, it looks tacky even when made into a doggie blankie. :lol

You might add a photo here, since it might spark someones memory of yarn long since pushed to the bottom of the trunk. :blush

-Pam-

Archived