wow

PoisonApple

I just browsed through this forum and I am amazed. I did not know you could spin without a wheel! I have an antique belgium spinning wheel...but i would be terrorified to use it.

This drop spindle thing looks awsome. It might be something I would like to try.

Give it a go you will suprise yourself. Never be afraid of a spinning wheel when the time is right and you feel you'd like to try ask around and see if there is a spinning group locally that will show you the basics. Remember we are all beginners once and don't expect to be an expert in 5 minutes. Your library will have books you can read on drop spindling and spinning with a wheel if not you have plenty of sites to get information from and everyone here is very friendly and aproachable. Have a go you have nothing to lose and what you gain is a lifetime of pleasure and is practicle to. Above all ENJOY!

I think It would be really neat to try...I looked on ebay and found some of the things y'all were talking about and the prices were not that bad.... I am really thinking about it...I would love to have something I made from yarn I spun.

Plus I would just be a really neat skill to have.:D

Archived