Not sure where to put this question.

I have a favorite Knitted sweater that is developing too many holes to reasonably keep repairing. I have scoured every store within 20 miles of me and every online store I can think of and come up empty. I don't have the time or the patience to sit down and figure out how to make a crochet replacement and I certainly can't knit one. So I was wondering How to go about finding someone who could look at the sweater( I could send it to them) and knit me a replacemment. I'd happily pay them for materials and labor and shipping, ( that's how much I adore this sweater)

Have you thought about embellishing it with crocheted motif's? Flowers, or circles or squares? I can't knit a stitch either, just tossing the idea out there.

Katie:cat

I can knit, and have been longer than I've been crocheting. If you would like to post a couple of pics, or email them to me, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your sweater and then let you know if I think I can duplicate it. I'm more than happy to send you photos of some things I've knitted to back up what I'm saying.

I may just do that. Even though I said I didn't want to, I've started a crochet version of the sweater in question after a trip to the yarn store last night. I got an idea from the yarn store owner. She helped me see that it was more the shape, color and style of the sweater I like most not the necessarily the exact stitch, so rather than beating my head against the wall to get the exact stitch why not make one in a simple open stitch and just follow the lines of the sweater. If I'm not happy with it I'll Post the pics of the sweater and I'll persue getting one made for me.

I can knit, and have been longer than I've been crocheting. If you would like to post a couple of pics, or email them to me, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your sweater and then let you know if I think I can duplicate it. I'm more than happy to send you photos of some things I've knitted to back up what I'm saying.

Archived