Will This Work?

Luvmyrott'nboy

Question

Right now I am crocheting a simple pullover in Lion Brand Woolease sportweight yarn. My gauge was off but I found making it in an Xsmall rather than small will work out just fine.

What I would like to try in the future is the same basic design but with different yarn and maybe a more interesting stitch pattern (this all sc).

If I measure each piece of the one I am doing now and then when I want to make another one in the different yarn/stitch, can I use the measurements and adjust my guage according to those measurements?

Am I making ANY sense at all?!:lol

1 answer to this question

If I understand you correctly, I believe it will work. What I would do is draw a diagram of what each piece looks like and write all the measurements on the diagrams. You will then be able to recreate the pieces to match the "pattern" pieces. I would be over careful and write every measurement you can think of, because it is better to have too much information than not enough when you go back to it. Be sure to reference any measurements the actual pattern uses (for example, work until the piece measures 12", begin shoulder shaping, kind of things)

Just keep in mind that it may not work out perfectly to the measurements in another stitch, and you may need to go a few stitches bigger or smaller, but you will know which way is better, after you try on the original sweater and see how it fits.

Archived