LionBrand Ponchos Question

CrochetMonkey

Question

I am currently looking at two poncho patterns, and I am wondering if anyone else here has tried either one? Here are the two patterns....

1. Style-Savvy Poncho

2. Oversized Poncho

Both patterns are from the LionBrand website. I have only tried one other "one-size-fits-all" poncho in the past, and the size ended up being off. So, for anyone who has tried either of these patterns, my main question is whether or not either of these patterns sized right for you. In addition, I have found that a LionBrand "Easy" pattern is not always so easy for someone who is at an advanced beginner level like myself. Looking at the Style-Savvy Poncho, I am a little confused about the neck joining directions. I really like both of these styles, but it would really help me to know what experiences any of you had with either of these patterns before I decide to make one. Thank you for any responses.

3 answers to this question

I did the Savvy style one a while ago. It was pretty easy for a Lion Brand pattern. I'm not very good at explaining things but basically you crochet one side until it's 17 inches, then you mark the center 18 sts and you crochet the two shoulder sides for 6 inches (on each side of the 18 sts), then you crochet the other side for 17 inches. When I did this pattern I wasn't doing it for any particular size person. I was just using up some ugly green RH I had in the stash. I gave the FO to a plus size individual and it fit her nicely.

Here's a pic of it (image is clickable):

th_DSCF0004a.jpg

Madelyn

Thank you so much for posting your response, and for including your poncho photo Madelyn - that is so helpful to see someone else's finished poncho in this pattern! I am relieved to hear that the poncho turned out to fit well, and that you did not run in to any pattern mishaps. I am going to go ahead and attempt the Style-Savvy poncho first, in the Jiffy camel color. Thank you again for your response.:)

Archived