Target

Sonny321

I was at Target yesterday doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I was looking for a pair of leather Driving gloves and while I was in the hat/glove/mitten section I saw TONS of crocheted hats, mittens and scarves, all very trendy and lovely. In fact I was so smitten with one of the pairs of mittens that I am going to try to recreate them here at home. One of the scarves was particularly lovely. It was a simple wide-ish double crochet scarf with bands of what looked like freeform crochet near either end. Everthing I saw was made in a simple DC stitch and so easy to make ourselves.

I saw a lot of crocheted items in Target also. And the prices to me were high for what they were getting. It didn't seem to have the quality that would rank such a high price.

But I am seeing so many people wearing crocheted and knitted items, esspecially in the Northwestern Plains, that I think everyone is catching on to the old ideas and making them modern to go with today's styles. It's just a remarkable world that we have.

Bravo to all those who can do something for someone else! Scarves and hats are great projects to make and give away to Charities.

:cheer Great luck in the new year!

Linda

Archived