Bow help

Chrome Kitty

Question

I do know how to tie my shoes, really I do. I can even do it with one hand.:lol However I'm having a problem. I just finished some moccasins and there's a chain cord that wraps around the opening under a fringed flap and then emerges at the top part. The chain cord is made with LB Suede, so it's a little thick and if I tie it normally, it's not as pretty as I'd like. I feel stupid asking this, but I know there's a trick to making a bow so that the loops are sitting pretty on top of the free ends instead of the free end coming through one of the loops. Can anybody help?

3 answers to this question

Have you tried to make two loops before you tie, instead of one loop and wraping the other around the loop.:think

Let me try this again. Take both ties and make each into a loop. Now wrap one loop around the other and pull. Try this if you have not. The only other way I can think of is to tie it normal and them just play with it until you get it the way you want it.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone can give you a better idea.:hook

I do know how to tie my shoes, really I do. I can even do it with one hand.:lol However I'm having a problem. I just finished some moccasins and there's a chain cord that wraps around the opening under a fringed flap and then emerges at the top part. The chain cord is made with LB Suede, so it's a little thick and if I tie it normally, it's not as pretty as I'd like. I feel stupid asking this, but I know there's a trick to making a bow so that the loops are sitting pretty on top of the free ends instead of the free end coming through one of the loops. Can anybody help?

Little hard to explain in words only, but I will try. Facing the bow:

Tie your first knot so that the left string is coming out of the top, fold the right (bottom) string into the bow. Holding the "bow" pointing to the left, take the left (top) string over and around the right "bow", tucking it through to create the new right bow (because you moved the right one to the left already). Tighten and straighten.

If you are doing it, looking down on the bow, reverse the right and left indications.

Yay! :cheer That worked great! How weird that putting the loop to the left makes such a huge difference. I had tried pointing it up, but hadn't tried left or right. Thank you so much!

And thank you too, Tampa Doll. I tried both of your suggestions but wasn't able to get it just right.

Archived