The New Crochet

Sabra

Anyone have this? I just got in on Wednesday, so of course I haven't had a chance to actually make anything out of it yet. Except for the usual doily insult, I rather like it, even though one or two of the patterns made me kind of :blink. (If you see it in the store, even if you don't buy it, you have got to look at the Silk Meringue Bolero on pg 126.) Most of the patterns are for accessories, including a couple of jewelry pieces (no wire crochet, though). There are 37 projects, and only six scarves and two ponchos, which is a plus for me. It also seems to have a pretty fair mix of specialty yarns & normal ones.

I ordered it from Amzon a few weeks ago, and honestly, I sent it back. There just wasn't enough that called out to me - and you're right - that bolero was *hideous!!*

I liked Dot's hat, and the skirt that Donna had designed, and there was capelet/gauntlet set that was cute, too, but not enough to make me keep the book. I think I'd be most likely to attempt the skirt, and then I can just get the book from my library.

I think I'm odd in my taste of patterns; goodness knows I don't like a lot of the patterns others do. :) I'm planning on starting the flower choker very shortly. I don't have silk yarn, but I do have some pretty sport weight yarn...And I've got a skirt I think will be perfect for the ruffle pattern they give.

Archived