elongated single crochet

melectric

Question

I am trying to do make a scarf that calls for an elongated single crochet and I can't seem to wrap my brain around it. It says to work a 6 sc leaving a loop on hook about 1 inch high in same sp, then work a normal sc in same space, leave hook from all the stitches and insert it in the normal sc(leave free the 6 elongated scs).

3 answers to this question

Ok when you make an elongated sc, when you put your hook thru and pull up a loop you would normally put your yarn over and pull thru both loops on your hook to complete your sc ok. When you make an elongated stitch you put your yarn over and pull thru 1 loop first then thru the remaining loops, this will give you a slightly longer stitch hence the name elongated sc. This works for dc also where you put yarn over and pull thru 1 loop then thru 2 and 2 again. I hope this makes some sense,i'm not so good at explaining as showing.This doesn't sound like exactly what your pattern is calling for tho. Do you have a picture of what its supposed to look like sometimes i can work it out from the picture better than the pattern myself. Good luck.

Archived