Is there a Yarn Gremlin?

So, I'm making Boas for all the women who will be at Christmas Dinner (about 12 of us). I'm using homespun, and getting 2 boas per skein. Last night I started a new skein and completed a boa. I was watching a movie and noticed that when I got to the end of the first row, it was far longer than it should have been, and I frogged some. Finished the boa.

I started a second boa from the same skein, and I only got to finish the first row when I ran out of yarn.:think Like I said, I can get two boas out of one skein, and I have a tiny amount to throw away.

Did a gremlin come and attack my yarn in the middle of the night? Is there a Yarn Gremlin exorcism I can perform?

I did this uncompleted boa in Homespun grape and am going to give it to my 7 year old cousin. I think I have some pink yarn at home (probably just RH, but the difference in texture may be interesting) and I'll use that.

Yes, there ARE! How many visit you and how much damage is done to your yarn/project is directly dependent upon how rushed you are. The more you need to get done, the shorter amount of time you have to do it, the energy DRAWS them to ya. The yarn gremlins are related to the sewing machine gremlins and close cousins of the embroidery thread gremlins. Just one big happy, pesky family!

Archived