Working with spools?

donnalynn2

Question

I'm in the middle of making my DH's Miami Dolphins Pillow for Christmas and it's turning out great so far. The only problem is the messy tangled yarn... I am doing this all in SC and am switching between colors every few stitches... I know before I saw people would roll up a small amount of yarn on spools (?) and this way they wouldn't get tangled up...

First of all, would Jo-Anns carry them and would they be called spools? Secondly, how do you keep them from unwinding as you are crocheting with the other colored yarns? THANKS!!!!

I still have 1/2 this side to go and then the whole other side so something to help my yarn from twisting so easily would be great!!!!!

2 answers to this question

They are yarn bobbins. There are two sizes. The yarn doesn't unwind because there are slots in the bobbin that the yarn slips into and holds until you are ready to unwind more yarn from the bobbin. Any place that has yarn and supplies should have them. They (and all crochet/knitting accessories) are half price at Hobby Lobby this week.

thanks for the tips on how to do work like that.... I have never tired to do multi colored projects where I'm switching up yarns 'cause I was afraid of the huge mess that I would make of the yarn.... I think I might have to try it out now...

Archived