I finally got my Disco yarn

I live in central Manitoba, and I finally got my free Disco yarn from Mary Maxim. So did the other 2 households I had them sent to for me hehe. I got the "Mr. Brown" colour for all of them and am planning to make a stole for my 13 year old niece for xmas from it.

I just thought I'd let folks know it finally arrived, so perhaps others in MB who might have been losing hope (I know I was) of receiving can know that if it isn't there yet, it'll be there soon!

--Mish

My disco skein was a wonderful shade of jungle jive--like an olive green with sparklies in it. I loved it so much, I made a scarf for my daughter for Christmas and wanted to have a little more to make a few small Christmas decorations. I went ahead and ordered another skein from Annie's Attic along with the purple disco yarn which is also really wild. I love them. I like the way they crochet much better than the Fun Fur which may be fun but is still a lot of work to get it to do what you want it to do. I love free items and I love this yarn!!:hook

• 2 weeks later...

I got the lovely Mr. Brown, as well, and wouldn't you know? It matched a skirt I have that is kind of suedy-looking that I wanted to wear for Christmas Eve but didn't have a top to go with it. So, I quickly knitted (yes, I'm sorry, I knitted) up a scarf to go atop a plain black top and pulled together my outfit. I like knitting these furry yarns when I want a plush look, and even though I have crocheted all my life (almost) I find it easier to knit these furry yarns. My scarf took about an hour or so to finish. I used size 13 needles and cast on 10 and just did garter stitch (knit every row) til I ran out of yarn.

I really like the color of the brown and the little sparklies.

Archived