My Grandma's

I was just excited, had to let you all in on my fortune here :) So my parents are moving and obviously they've been going through all their stuff at home. Well they came across about 15 skeins of yarn of my grandma's (have to be like 13 years old, at least) a few Econo Skeins and some skeins of Radiance brand yarn, can't remember all off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and find out :blush ...they're old and will definately need to be washed once something is completed to get that musty smell out, but especially for the holidays, it saves me some cash on yarn :hook

Just had ta tell someone that'd actually care, my boyfriend just kind of looked at me funny, lol :)

-Kelli

Good for you. At least 1/2 of my stash is "inherited" yarn from my Grandmother. There's still at least 2-3 MORE lawn/leaf garbage bags full at my Grandpa's. I don't have the room at our house for it or it would already be here. (He's doesn't mind me coming and going through any of it- LOL He knows it goes to good use!)

Katie:cat

Wow! Lucky you. I remember getting my gran's sewing box with all her buttons, zips, pins and heaven's knows what else. It took me days to sort it out and, of course, I kept every single little thing!

>> they're old and will definately need to be washed once something is completed to get that musty smell out <<

You might try giving the batch of yarn you use with each pattern a spray of Febreeze -- I would test spray a small length of it first to make sure the yarn is okay. If it is, then that might help lessen the odor even before you wash the finished piece. :-)

How wonderful for you to be able to carry on your grandmother's love of knitting or crochet.

Archived