Help on Pattern for "Shrug-a-licious"

b1jah2

Question

I found a pattern in the forums here for this shrug http://www.hometown.aol.com/tepperleen/page6.html

Can anyone help me with what round 29 is saying?

What does it mean when it says "DC in between last 2 dc and in turning ch"

I really fell in love with this pattern that was posted (great job by the way) and would love to make this shrug! HELP!!!!

2 answers to this question

Once you get down to the end of row 29 and there are 2 dc and the turning chain remaining you make a dc in between the last two dcs then make a dc in the turning row chain. Making it 2 dcs.

Rnd 29: Turn. Sc, ch 2 in between 1st and 2nd dc, and add 4 dc in the round. Dc in between last 2 dc and in turning ch. (44 dc)

at least thats the way I read it, an easy way to test would be to count your stitches on that row up until the troubled spot and see what the count is...if its 42 then that counts for the next two dcs bringing it up to 44 dcs.

Hope this helps!

I have been looking for this pattern, this is the thing Oprah wore last year and we all went crazy for it, but never could find it, as for the directions, at this time I can not help as I have not worked it up, but between means just that, (not in stitch but between them). What I did not understand was the additional 4 dc, dooes it mean 4 additioal anywhere evenly or what???

Archived