A pile of my thread size 20 doilies

This pile has 136 doilies and alle have different patterns and sizes.

My nephew Franz Martin is getting married to Victoria next July and she asked me for doilies as her wedding decoration. I have not seen the location yet but I know there is a lot of dark wood in the ballroom and ecru doilies would be perfect. She was inspired by a pic from the internet that showed a number of doilies grouped together and she also would like to hang some up as kind of dream catchers.

Any ideas are most welcome.

2024 Deckerl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A wonderful stack of doilies!

You did not mention how you would prefer to hang the doilies for the wedding so, I will give a few suggestions. This pattern on Ravelry.com is on a hoop which is easy enough to attach the doily to while being crocheted. The hoop can be painted to match the thread color so as not to be too visible. I prefer wood hoops over metal hoops mainly because of the weight. 

Another option for hanging is to heavily stiffen the doily without a hoop, then block. When dry, it can be hung with some of the same type of thread (not stiffened) it is made with. When it's served its purpose for decorating, it can still be used for home display or hand washed and blocked as usual for a tabletop doily.