BArtrip

BArtrip

Question

I need help on a pattern. The pattern is worked in rows. The pattern says Row 1- FLO 6sc, 1ss        (7) color A                                                                                                                                                                                        Row-2-turn from the 2nd st from the hook 1ss,    (6)   color A                                                                                                                                                                              Row -3  1ch, turn ,6sc, 1sc in edge, FLO:5sc, 1ss    (13) color B                                                                  This is attached to the front loop of a broiler for a train. I have finished the first two rows, but I a stuck on row 3. On row three you switch back to color B, but I'm not sure how and where to switch to my second color. My other problem is I don't understand what it means when it says 1sc,in the edge. What does it ean in the edge? Any help would be appreciated! TIA.                           

1 answer to this question

Normally for a clean color-break, when you switch colors in the middle of a row or round, you finish the last stitch of the old color up to the point of the last yarnover and pull-thru, so with 2 loops on the hook you drop the color you used for the stitch that is not yet finished, pick up the new color, and finish the stitch with a loop of the new color.  If you finish the stitch with the old color, and then put a loop on your hook with the new color to start the next stitch, it makes a bit more of a messy transition. (there are probably youtubes which explain this better than I just did).

It looks like row 3 is not worked 'as usual' into both of the top loops of the stitches in row 2, but It is not really clear; also notice that the stitch count doubles from that of row 2, and adds 1 on top of that.  It doesn't SAY  this, but I'm guessing it meant to say work across in 2 passes, once in the 6 back loops, and then back in the loops you didn't use (which were the 6 front loops), so that's a total of 12, and then 1 more in the turning chain?

• Thanks 1