Crochet Designers

mzbellz

Who are some of your favorite crochet designers?  What is your favorite pattern by them? Have you made any of their patterns, if so, can we see them?

I'll start.  I am a huge fan of Bonnie Bay Crochet.  I have numerous books by her. I love celtic crochet.  The picture below is one of her shawls I made, from her bookContemporary Celtic Crochet  The pattern is called Gaithersburg Stole.  I made this for my cousin, who was absolutely thrilled to receive it.

I used Pound of love by Lion Brand in Antique White  It took 1 1/2 balls.  The stitches are basket wave, arrow stitch, Cable, low front ridge, and shadow box.  I believe it measured about almost 60" x 21.  I didn't add fringe.

IMG_3551 (1).jpeg

IMG_3552 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mzbellz said:

Who are some of your favorite crochet designers?  What is your favorite pattern by them? Have you made any of their patterns, if so, can we see them?

I'll start.  I am a huge fan of Bonnie Bay Crochet.  I have numerous books by her. I love celtic crochet.  The picture below is one of her shawls I made, from her bookContemporary Celtic Crochet  The pattern is called Gaithersburg Stole.  I made this for my cousin, who was absolutely thrilled to receive it.

I used Pound of love by Lion Brand in Antique White  It took 1 1/2 balls.  The stitches are basket wave, arrow stitch, Cable, low front ridge, and shadow box.  I believe it measured about almost 60" x 21.  I didn't add fringe.

IMG_3551 (1).jpeg

IMG_3552 (1).jpeg

That is beautiful

Julie Hart is one of my favorite designers.  This one is the first three parts of the Arcanweave, there are now an additional couple more rows to add on. It is on Ravelry and DraigunaGreendoily2.thumb.jpg.b587b24d91feb482cb30866e02b8ab3a.jpg

• Like 1

I too like Bonnie Bay and also have a few of her books. Pretty stole you made there. I also like Kim Guzman, Patricia Kristofferson, Marly Bird and Lily Chin just to name a few. There are too many patterns I favor to mention.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

I too like Bonnie Bay and also have a few of her books. Pretty stole you made there. I also like Kim Guzman, Patricia Kristofferson, Marly Bird and Lily Chin just to name a few. There are too many patterns I favor to mention.

I love Kristofferson, Fearon and Guzman also.  The first two, I have made but never kept, gave them as gifts.  Now I take pics to show I have made them, back then, well not so much.  I agree, too many to mention.

Good taste Reni

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Like 1