Please help with this pattern

Gabriela.kb

Question

Hey, I’m working on a crochet blanket and I usually don’t have any troubles with reading patterns but there’s something with row 55 I dont get 

Row 1: Ch 45, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch across, turn (44sc)
Rows 2-54: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.
Rnd 55: Working in ends of rows and in sts around outer edge, ch 1, 3 sc in first st, sc in each st across, ending with 3 sc in last st, evenly sp 42 sc in ends of rows across, working in starting ch on opposite side of row 1, 1 sc in each ch across, ending with 3 sc in last ch, evenly sp 42 sc in ends of rows across, join (see pattern notes) in beg sc.  Fasten off.

Do I only do 2 of the sides or all the way around? What does working in ends of rows mean? On opposite side of row 1?😂 what beginning stitch? 

1 answer to this question

All the way around--it should have been a little clearer and mentioned row 55 was the border that was worked down 1 side, across the bottom, up the other side, and across the top.  It would have been clearer to have used the word rotate instead of turn.

The top and bottom have stitches that are reasonably easy to work into evenly, but the left and right sides of the blanket  are a bit more or a challenge to work evenly because they aren't as tidy--just try to be consistent where to place the stitches, and in a way that keeps the fabric flat.  

You start rnd 55 (notice, this is not a row but a round) by rotating the blanket 90°, and as it says work into the ends of the rows for the first side.  Then you rotate 90° and work across the bottom, rotate 90° and work back up the other side, rotate once more to finish off the top.

A note, it mentions 3 sc in the corner stitch of each of the 4 corners, which is a typical - what I like to do is put a sc, chain 1, sc in the corner stitch - same # of stitches to give the distance around the corner, but the chain makes a sharper corner.