Threadart thread

Lois Truxell

Love their colors and using as Color B in Cherry Blossom Doily, but it's so soft. Wondering if this is a mistake.Do you think it's OK as Color B? What about a whole doily with their thread? 

I haven't used Threadart thread, I just looked it up on Amazon and it says it's mercerized, so it should be OK to use for a doily (I mostly make doilies nowadays).  

The only general sort of comment I have, which pertains to Artiste brand that I also considered soft (it's supposedly made from Egyptian cotton)-- it didn't hold up as well as Aunt Lydia's to repeated ripping out and re-doing, which I did a while back when I had a brainstorm to change something, and then kept changing my mind, several times until I got a result I wanted.  It got a tiny bit..pilly? frayed?  maybe too strong of a word selection, but in the end it looked OK, and is holding up fine...it's not like my doilies take a lot of abuse, and I've since made a whole doily out of it that didn't need ripping and revising, and it's behaving nicely.

• Like 1