YOU'RE GETTING SLEEPY AFGHAN

SusanRhaly

Question

I am having a problem with the directions for this pattern. I am on the last row of the spiral and it consists of HDC and single crochet,  but the count that it gives says I should have 24 DC, I am unable to find anywhere that it states to do a DC??? Has anyone completed this pattern? Perhaps it's a typo? Your help is appreciated!

1 answer to this question

Picture of what it looks like.  It was in the October 2013 issue of Crochet World.

I don't have the pattern, but I stopped subscribing to that magazine around 2012 after several patterns I tried to make were messed up, most of them I could figure out what they meant or devise a workaround, but I got fed up.  The errata for each issue takes a while for them to publish.

Here is a link to the errata for that issue https://www.crochet-world.com/revisions.php?issue_date=2013-10-01 , and in mentions your pattern.  Since it's only 1 line, I think it's ok to copy here "Rnd 7: *[2 dc in next st, dc in next st] 3 times, drop lp, pick up next color, rep from * twice. (54 dc)"  The part underlined ("in next stitch") was highlighted in the errata, so I assume that is the part that was a typo originally; so at least that row has DC.

Could you possibly have gone into autopilot and misread DC as HDC?  

I looked at projects on Ravelry (there weren't many) and no one mentioned errors, one person got stuck and contacted the designer, another initially was stumped with the swirls but figured it out.