Quick blanket pattern?

Hi,

My grandfather has terminal cancer. Lately he is cold all the time and I wanted to make him an afghan that is warm and cozy, must also be quick, due to his illness. I was thinking about doing it in homespun, but not sure what pattern to use. I'd like to do a one piece or crochet together as you go. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stacey

You could use 2 strands together of whatever yarn you choose and use a Q Hook. There are lots of Q-Hook patterns that go quick.

I hope he feels better. So sweet of you to do this for him. I'm sure he'll love it!:yay

I agree with Quiltymare. Use 2 strands and a large hook. You can use any pattern you like. I think he will love whatever you make. Pick his favorite color and keep the size of the holes to a minimum for warmth. Our thoughts are with you.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I decided to go with the 5 1/2 hour one, I've never made it before and it is going quick. Maybe longer than 5 hours tho <g> My grandpa is hanging in there.

hugs,

stacey

Glad to hear your grandfather is doing good! :)

I do not think that any afghan takes 5 1/2 hours, lol! I guess the stitch is what makes it quick. What kind of yarn did you decide to use?

Thanks for the tip about the RH yarn too. I'm surprised it pilled...

Archived