Pattern help!!

Heather83

Question

Increase: on both sides increase 1 time in the 2nd row, then 4 times more in every 4th row and then always in the every 2nd row till the back is for size 36/38 cca 16 cm long and cca 20 cm wide and for size 40/42 cca 18 cm long and 22 cm wide, then fasten off…

I have no idea what that means. I have tried increasing every 2nd and 4th row too big too fast..her instructions is an increase on both ends is 1 increase

2 answers to this question

Don't feel bad, these sort of instructions always make me stop and re count more times than I need to.

What helps me a lot is stitch markers, I mark every increase on each side.  Also, example if the increase is in every 4th row, count 1, 2, 3, INCREASE, 1, 2, 3, INCREASE.  Silly, but it helps.  (Bobby pins are cheap and make great stitch markers, seriously you will get lost without them)

Your case is a little more complicated than most, in that the interval is not constant.

increase 1 time in the 2nd row, then 4 times more in every 4th row and then always in the every 2nd row until ..."

The above means increase on each side in rows 2, 6 ,10, 14, 18, then every other row until...