Greetings!

CAK

Hi! I am a half self-taught, half nana-taught crocheter. I think I'm somewhere around medium experienced and I go through periods where I crochet all of my spare time, and then not at all for a while. I appear to be gearing up into one of the "all of the time" stages. 😉 Crocheting makes me feel close to my grandmother who is gone now.

I visited my mom and she has a group of women she knits with a couple times a week. It made me feel like maybe I should connect to other people around my hobby, too!

Thanks for having me!

CAK

Welcome. You picked a great place to hang out.  Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.  Please feel free to share your projects in our show and tell, we love to see them.

Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

We may not be in your neighborhood, but we are always here for a should, help and we love seeing pictures.

I bounce all over the place, sometimes it is crocheting, knitting or quilting. I want to get more experience with the quilting. I also want to learn about sock making but I am having a really hard time with holding that many sticks at one time. lol. Crocheting is something my mom taught me-basically 2 stitches to make towel toppers and that was about it. After mom died, I got a book from the crocheting guild (how to learn to crochet in one day for lefties) and taught myself other stitches and how to read patterns.  I just got the regular with the knitting book. So I am a lefty crocheter and a righty   knitter. Still working on sewing. Slow but steady.  Can't wait to see your works of art. Oh, you might try looking at your local library or hunt for a church group that does different crafts. I had a lot of help from a group at both. I don't know if your area has opened up to group events,but doesn't hurt to look around. That way, you can have instant (well almost instant) help when needed.

Diane

• 4 weeks later...