New to crochet - following pattern and changing colours?

inksie

Question

Hello! I'm learning how to crochet so I'm a novice. 😅 Finally understanding how to read a pattern, but have come across something that I'm unsure of. I'm crocheting with orange yarn, but in the pattern it says "Continue in white. Fasten off orange.". I'm interpreting this as if I have to fasten off what I've worked with in the orange and work with white yarn, but how do I know where to continue from?

If it helps, I'm working with the free pattern on Anchor's website called "Francis the Fox". Just finished round 18. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Do just what it says exactly.  If you were in the 5th stitch of a row, fasten off the white and make stitch #6 orange.  If you can tell by your pattern that this is the end of the white, leave a long tail to weave in later.

There is a way to smoothly transition colors doing this, for the last white stitch work it until the last yarnover and pull thru, and stop.  Yarn over and pull thru with orange (also leaving a generous beginning tail to weave in later), and continue, then later weave in the ends.  It makes less of a jog than completing the white stitch.