Baby booties and socks pictures included

oehlsena

Question

2 answers to this question

I just commented in your intro thread, hello again!

The one on the left might be knitted; I knit too, actually mostly socks (for me) lately, but no lacy cuffs!

The other 2 are crocheted, and really not that difficult (you can do this!).  The middle style usually starts with making the sole in rows, then working around the sole to make the foot-sides, then the instep (from the front of the foot to the toe), and then the cuff.  The one on the right is more sock-like, but I can't see how the heel was turned.

The fancy stitches at the edge of the 2 on the right look to be variations of shell stitches, which I think you said in your intro that you had done before.  You can do this!  :yes 

Here are some booties which are frilly and don't look too difficult (feel free to give us a shout if you get stuck).  The shoe is made in a similar way as the middle bootie in your photo.  The lace is a bit different, a little more like the lace on the blue bootie in your photo.  

I think the hardest thing when making something like this is to understand where you are in the pattern, so what you are doing makes sense.  I just gave the pattern a quick scan, but it tells you where you are (sole, top of shoe, etc.)

• Like 1