Crochet dress pattern

amberh0718

Question

I'm crocheting a dress from a pattern book I recently purchased. It has sts for multiple sizes. It's starting with the yoke. Problem is it has 19sts across, first strap is 4 sts so that leaves 15sts once I finish this it says finish off and then sk 13 and connect yarn and I'm supposed to have 4sts left but only have 2. Am I reading something wrong or is it off? I can just adjust and make it have 4 and do the sts in the middle less but then how much is the rest of the pattern going to be off. Thanks 

Amber

1 answer to this question

Patterns written for multiple sizes can get confusing.  Its good to go thru the pattern and circle or highlight the numbers for the size you are working on.  Patterns do have errors and its not uncommon to see ones written for multiple sizes to not get the numbers everywhere to match for each size.  Sometimes you have to puzzle thru.  Do some trial and error.  Yes this means you might have to pull it apart and try again.  Do a search and see if others have had problems and see if there are corrections. Contact the designer or publisher of the book.  They profited from the sale and need to stand behind their product.