Mrs.B Artrip

BArtrip

Question

2 answers to this question

I'm going to send you to the expert, Carol Ventura, at her website Tapestry Crochet.com.  She has an example of offset graph paper that you can use to design with to get the stitches to line up properly in the fabric, and has a video of couple of ways to work in rows--the first half of the video shows working left handed which I don't think my brain can handle, the other is 'sort of' like purling, and I do knit so I think that might be easier (even if you don't already knit).  I have been meaning to get around to trying the latter...

I can't recall if there is anything special about row ends; I think if I were worried about odd color blips at the edge I'd just go around the piece in SC (or reverse SC) using the background color.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I'm going to send you to the expert, Carol Ventura, at her website Tapestry Crochet.com.  She has an example of offset graph paper that you can use to design with to get the stitches to line up properly in the fabric, and has a video of couple of ways to work in rows--the first half of the video shows working left handed which I don't think my brain can handle, the other is 'sort of' like purling, and I do knit so I think that might be easier (even if you don't already knit).  I have been meaning to get around to trying the latter...

I can't recall if there is anything special about row ends; I think if I were worried about odd color blips at the edge I'd just go around the piece in SC (or reverse SC) using the background color.

Thank you so much!