Stuck on pattern

warmNfuzzy

Question

Hello! 

The blue work is where I'm at, the colorful one is where I'm going with my next steps.

I am confused at the pattern though.

I have been working in the round but am about to start this row part

After I sl st to join this round here's what's next.....

Row 1:

sl st in each dc and ch sp across to 3 ch sp,

ch 3 (counts dc here and throughout),

ldc in each dc and ch sp across to next 3 ch sp,

[ldc, ch 2, ldc] in 3 ch sp,

ldc in each dc and ch sp across to next 3 ch sp,

dc in next 3 ch sp, turn (42 ldc total)

Questions:

1. When it's referring to 3 ch sp, are these the larger ch sp created by the petals (see photo) or smaller ch sp created by DC?

2. When I read this part of the pattern, it feels like I am going to go all the way around the circle, but in the pattern rows are only occurring in the bottom "points" of this pentagon. It would be helpful for someone to share these instructions with me in a more detailed/explained way. Remove "assumptions" as I'm an advanced beginner and still working on reading patterns. :)

3. [ldc, ch2, ldc] in 3 ch sp. Am I going into the BIG chain spaces? Really stumped on that part.

Basically, how the heck do I get it from where it's at to the row portion?

Thanks SO MUCH for your help. 🙏

img 1.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpg

1 answer to this question

So the last round you worked were there some ch 3 spaces?  I am thinking that there are at each of the 5 corners but that info wasnt given to us.

What I am thinking is you work your join.  Then you slip stitch across some stitches and some ch 1 spaces or ch 2 spaces until you get to a ch 3 space on the round you just completed.  This is the place the pattern wants you to start working in rows.  If you were going to change colors to start the rows you could join this round and finish off.  Then attach new color in a ch 3 space.