Help please

jstaff

Question

IMG-20220324-WA0028.thumb.jpeg.7f8b657a57617bb09268a417cb10ec75.jpegIMG-20220324-WA0026.thumb.jpeg.ca059d43a6fc67bca0502d0949f2368b.jpegHello everyone! 

I am currently finishing up a half double crochet scarf and am wanting to sew the ends together to make it an infinity scarf. However, when I finished I noticed I had a large gap all along the finished edge and can not get rid of it. I hdc the two ends together to keep in pattern and looking the same. 

Hopefully these pictures help show what I am trying to explain. 

Any help would be much appreciated!!! 

3 answers to this question

If the ends of aren't already woven in, what I would do if this were my project is rip out the seam and re-do but not via crochet, for 3 reasons: (1) you don't like the look now, (2) a HDC seam is bulky and (in my opinion) inappropriate for this item since it's going to show; would be 'just OK but not ideal' for a sweater for example where the seam would be 'inside' (3) a mattress stitch seam would have been, um, 'seamless' pretty much, and a few stealth 'sewing the gaps up' could have been done at the same time. 

If you aren't familiar with it, mattress stitch is done with a needle and length of yarn--I'll see if I can find a tutorial; most of them show the 'sewing up' with a contrast color to 'prove' that the seam doesn't show when completed.