First crochet sweater-vintage pattern-what to do with the chains???

Raeven

Question

I’m crocheting a 1940s blouse.  The pattern begins at the “sleeve edge”. You work the pattern for 3 inches and then the following instructions: “Next row increase 1 stitch in first stitch, work across row, chain 8 (at underarm). Work next row of s.c even. In third row increase one stitch in first stitch and work across the row chain 60 to waistline. Continue he in pattern. “ here is where I am stuck..p..what am I to do once I chain 8 and and 60? Can’t make the connection lol would greatly appreciate help on this!!

2 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Raeven said:

I’m crocheting a 1940s blouse.  The pattern begins at the “sleeve edge”. You work the pattern for 3 inches and then the following instructions: “Next row increase 1 stitch in first stitch, work across row, chain 8 (at underarm). Work next row of s.c even. In third row increase one stitch in first stitch and work across the row chain 60 to waistline. Continue he in pattern. “ here is where I am stuck..p..what am I to do once I chain 8 and and 60? Can’t make the connection lol would greatly appreciate help on this!!

It helps to break down the steps when confused.   Work next row of sc even.   After ch 8 based on what you’ve written , turn and sc across the chains (7) plus the rest of the previous sc.