Stitch help

Barmyleyther

Question

Screenshot_20220324-212947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c64cd195e50a7d2a9b176a216b3b7ac.jpgHi can anyone please help with this stitch / pattern . I am on the last part of the pattern creating a Galon . Stage 3 . I am unsure where the stitches should connect and don't know how to do a dtc as the pattern says it is. (US terminology ) Thanks in anticipation x

5 answers to this question

Although I've worked a fair number of charted lace patterns, this one 'looked reasonable' at a quick glance but I lost the plot after starting to try explain it.  The 'skinny part' of the top of the edging made sense, but the 'fat part' didn't.  The skinny part: SC, chain 4 'up', DTR, chain 4 'down, SC.  (Up and down are from and into the row below)

I have done  'make a stitch sideways' maneuvers like this sideways DTR before.  However, the way these are facing, there is nothing to make them into, yet.  The bottom half of the 'fat part' has 3 DTR 'assemblies' which are ch4 'up', DTR, chain 4 'down'.  Assuming right handed construction, you are working right to left, but the sideways DTR on the right is made after the rightmost assembly, is completed (including the chain back down, which puts the hook in the wrong spot so is impossible) into the assembly to it's left which hasn't been made yet.   I was going to keep going, but the rest was along the same lines.  I may be reading this wrong, somebody else might come along and figure this out, but I don't think it is possible as written.

A couple of ways to deal with this-- make 'fat part' as 3 skinny parts crammed into 2 stitches, or maybe 9 DTRs across 2 stitches with picots in the 2nd, 5th, and 8th stitch; either would work but both omit the top loops.

BTW, a you probably already know a DC is yarn over once, and work thru all the loops.  Triple is yarn over twice, and work thru all the loops.  A double triple is yarn over 3 times and work thru all the loops.  

Thanks for looking and trying to help Granny Square . This is the written pattern if it makes it any clearer . Not sure if from row 2 to row 3 i am supposed to turn the work as both numbered rows are on the same side of pattern ( if that makes sense) . This is where i got so far .

16482002360086849224907141616256.jpg

16482002780239146676152862862684.jpg

😆  i followed the pattern of row 2 and thats how it turned out . Thought it was correct and not alternate ! Half of the problem is i can't  envisage what it should look like.