Stuck on star

anna54

Question

Hi everyone. Im trying to figure out how to introduce my self.

My 6pt 1st star crocheted blanket is starting to curl after the 6th round. I'll be back with a pic. I'm really happy to find you and look foreward to learning the right way to crochet and meeting new friends. I'm having a hard time concentrating and doing anything right these days. Thank you

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Is this entire blanket a star shape, starting from the center? or is it made of motifs (like granny squares) with a little stars in the center of each square?  If it's the latter, once you connect the squares they should behave, depending on the severity of the curl.  Looking forward to seeing the pic, we'll be able to tell better what's going on.  I have never made a giant star shaped blanket, but I think the tips might tend to want to not lay perfectly flat if it's solid stitches, in other words if it's a little lacy (like a granny square), that might discourage the curl.  Also, plain single crochet wants to curl just by it's nature, you can usually tame it with a border of a row or 2 of DC for example.