Greetings from a crochet newbie

Oxymoryarn

Hello, I'm Oxymoryarn.  

This past December, my mother in law taught me to crochet... and I love it.  It fits my brain perfectly!  I'm honestly not sure how I made it this far in life without having learned this wonderful hobby.

So far, my projects have been fairly basic.  Is started off with dishcloths and swatches to learn the stitches, how to count properly, and how to chain turn.  The basics.  From there, I jumped right into scarves and some basic hats.  Then I went off-script at my spouse's request and made some slippers.  The first pair turned out... wobbly and squishy.  But I've gotten quite a bit better!

Now i'm looking to learn more, move from beginner to more advanced patterns, and start exploring more creative projects.  I found a pattern for a lovely sweater duster that I'd like to make for my mom, and I'm interested in clothing at some point.  I still struggle with rounds, however, so I'm also looking to learn from people with more experience than I have.

I'm happy to have found Crochetville and I look forward to some sharing some good yarns!